Comfort Addict

0 Comments Thursday, November 13, 2014 | @ 3:11 AM

On our way to the Masters Golf Tournament, I convinced my husband to make a quick stop in Atlanta at the Scott Antique Market. It is one of my favorite places to find reasonably priced antiques and decorative items. Held once a month in two large expo centers, it is certainly a place you must visit at sometime or another if you live anywhere in the Southeastern United States.
I found six of the Jansen style chairs (seen in the photo above) at last month's market. They are small in scale, but oh so pretty so I will be using them in my living room and entry as accent chairs. It is hard to tell in the picture but they are painted in cream and gold, a favorite color combo of mine. Their shape reminded me of these chairs seen in Aerin Lauder's New York apartment.Several months ago, I found these beautiful ceramic lamps decorated with ornate flowers and birds. When I purchased them, I thought I would use them in my bedroom, but they are just to amazing not to be seen by all, so for now they are finding their home on our dining room buffet.

I had little hope of finding chairs for the dining room anytime soon that would fit the budget so I was more than ecstatic to find these 1940's french dining chairs at a great price. They are a modern take on Louis XVI chairs and they fill in the room beautifully.


This bright yellow lamp with a crystal base was found this month as well. With a pleated linen shade, I think it will be the perfect bright addition to my paneled family room. Now I just need to find a table to set it upon!

Last month, I picked up this wooden coffee table with a parquet inlay for my living room. It was quite a steal. I have yet to accessorize it properly but I will get to it soon enough.
I am constantly on the hunt for affordable and chic accessories for my many built in bookshelves. This chinoiserie horse fit the bill. He looks happy in his new home, doesn't he?

I have been searching for a pair of blue and white vases to put on either side of my living room mantel. I found several great looking ones at Pearl River Mart in New york but none would fit on my shallow mantle. I needed something tall but not too deep. Two of these fit perfectly.

I was not alone while doing all of this damage. My friend Betsy found these great looking Barcelona stools. I think they will end up finding their home in her boy's room.

She also picked up this elegant brass lamp to put on a chest in her living room.

These handsome Staffordshire lions make a fun statement on the mantle in her library.
And she also found this neoclassical desk to put in her office. It will be getting a makeover with some black lacquer paint and will become home base for a busy designer and mother to three boys!

Labels: