Comfort Addict

0 Comments Saturday, August 30, 2014 | @ 6:35 PM
I am so excited to write this post. My friend Kayce's house has been featured in this month's Country Living! She was one of my first friends when I moved to Nashville and she has been a dear and faithful one ever since. Most people are amazed that she runs a successful children's clothing business and is a mother to seven kids, but if you met her what you would be most impressed with is her casual grace and unassuming self confidence.
Kayce is not only my friend but as of a few months ago she also became my neighbor. Our new home is down and across the street from this stylish abode. I can't tell you how many times my children have pattered down her charming halls.
She has style that money can't buy and she knows how to pull it all together on a dime. A former designer for Ralph Lauren, her style is certainly classic, rooted in English tradition, but she always mixes it up with something unexpected and modern. Be sure to pick up a copy of this month's Country Living to see the full spread for yourself. I promise you will be inspired. I couldn't be prouder, can you tell?
Kayce's husband Scott built this charming playhouse himself. It even has bunks for sleeping!
With seven children, sharing rooms is a must!
The grid of pear drawings on the wall? Kayce drew them all.

Framed pages from a vintage Babar book with chairs she found at a thrift store.
One of Kayce's favorite hobbies is collecting shells while on vacation in the Carribean. I have "shelled" with her, and she is serious about her search! This breakfront in the dining room houses all of her ocean treasures.
A fun modern space in the basement where the kids can do homework or just hang out.
Who looks like this after seven kids? And the seagrass covered hallways, divine!!

Labels: