Comfort Addict

0 Comments Friday, October 24, 2014 | @ 12:35 AM

I have wallpaper on the brain as I continue to work on my home. If I could, I would paper or upholster a good portion of this house! One of my favorite sources for wallpaper is Farrow and Ball. These beautiful English papers come in many different colorways allowing each pattern to have many different looks. If I had to choose a favorite F & B paper is would be this gloriously classic Silvergate damask.
I love tradition with a twist, so personally I prefer this paper in a fun, bold color way or mixed in with more contemporary furnishings. Russian textile designer Olya Thompson's Brooklyn Brownstone features Farrow and Ball's Silvergate in a ravishing blue. It is a perfect backdrop in her richly textured home.

Another stylish woman, designer Jane Whitfield, who operates as the right hand woman to Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton, also chose Silvergate to adorn a soft, pretty bedroom in her home located in a west village of Versailles.

The paper in a graphic chocolate and white with co-ordinating chocolate trim.
Miles Redd uses the wallpaper in this contemporary study. In true Redd style, this room is a great mix of old and new.
Here is a more traditional use of the Silvergate in the master bedroom of Country Living's 2008 House of the Year. The soft but bold pattern pairs nicely with pretty pale bedding.
{images: 1 via farrow and ball; 2- photographed by francois halard, vogue january 2010; 3- via telegraph; 4- via farrow and ball; 5- photographed by simon upton for elle decor; 6- via country living}

Labels: